Monday, December 12, 2016


Set Yourself Apart- Thank You Cards



I’ve been in HR going on 28 years.  I can count on one hand how many job candidates have sent me a hand-written thank you card.  The candidates who did, all have one thing in common…. they were all hired or promoted!



An e-mail thank  you follow-up is important to quickly reinforce with the hiring manager that you are very interested in the position.  However, no one gets mail anymore.  A nice card in the mail, a few days later will not only keep your name fresh in the hiring manager's mind, it will set you apart from the other candidates.



Example:

Dear Ms. Jones,

It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you on Monday.  I appreciated the opportunity to learn more about Acme Corporation and how you see the sales position role. 

I believe my skills and personality match up well with what Acme Corporation is looking for in an employee.

Your insights and perspective solidified my interest in joining your team!

Sincerely,


Bob Smith


(212) 555-1212




No comments:

Post a Comment