Saturday, July 15, 2017
Job Hunting is like Baseball
1. When you get a qualified job lead, you’re on first base.
2. When you secure an interview, you’re on second base.
3. When you “ace” the interview, you’re on third base.
4. When you get a written job offer, you’ve crossed home plate.
In getting a written job offer, as in baseball, you must touch all the bases to score.
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Three types of Interview Questions:
1. Behavioral Based- The best predictor of future performance is past behavior. Ex. Tell me about a time when……? You need to be able to tell a story of your past accomplishment.
a. Situation/ Task
b. Action (that you took)
2. Situational Based- What would you do if….? If you have a story/ example, then use the STAR method from above. Otherwise, you need to talk about the steps you would take. Ex. The first step I would take would be…. The second….. all the way to 4-5 steps with your recommendation as step 4 or 5.
3. Resume Based- Walk me through your resume or It says on your resume that you accomplished X, please explain.
Monday, May 15, 2017
Traits of a Successful Job Candidate
· They know who they are and what type of work they want to do.
· They tailor their cover letter and resume to the positions they are applying to.
· They do their homework on the company prior to the interview.
· They respect everyone they meet.
· They are prepared to answer questions by telling stories on how they solved problems.
· They show passion, confidence, and energy.
· They know until they get a written job offer, it’s all about what they can do for the employer.
· They ask great questions.
· They follow up with e-mails and hand written thank you cards.
Monday, April 10, 2017
- Pass the test, pass the rest. Triple meaning. NEW BLUNT TALK PODCAST www.BluntTalk.Libsyn.com Guest Butch Reiser from Atlanta, Georgia – HR Professional & Interview Coach who prepares NFL prospects for draft interviews - shared powerful real-life insights about how to reach your full potential professionally. Guaranteed to lift. X Fitness is committed to lifting in body, mind, and soul. There’s enough depressing news. We won’t add to it. Good Inspirational News Only. Free, permanently archived downloads compliments of X Fitness. Blessings & all good things. #peace www.BluntTalk.Libsyn.com
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Confidence in an Interview
Confidence in your ability and the value you bring to the position is how you sell yourself on an interview. It’s rare to hear truly confident job candidates utter phrases such as “I think so”, “you know what I mean” and the ever popular “um”.
Confident candidates speak assertively because they know it’s tough to get a job offer if you can’t speak with conviction.
Saturday, January 28, 2017
Saturday, January 7, 2017
SAMPLE NETWORKING LETTERS
Invitation Request for LinkedIn
Hi Jane, It was great seeing you at the State U Alumni meeting. As we discussed, let’s get connected on LinkedIn. If I can assist you with anything, please do not hesitate to ask. The best way to reach me is firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to getting to know you better. Sincerely, John Doe
Dear Mr. Smith,
I noticed that you work in the medical device industry and have recent experience in job search. I am trying to find out about the market in Atlanta. I have 11 years in the pharmaceutical industry and would love to talk with you for a few minutes to see if you have any advice. I totally understand if you are too busy to reply, and thank you for reading this far.