What is the best way to prepare for a Behavioral Based Interview?
Behavioral based interviews are based on the theory that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior.
· Identify the core competencies for the position. You can pick these up in the job description and company’s values/ mission statement.
· Think about your strongest accomplishments in each of these competencies.
· Prepare stories to explain your accomplishments. Be concise and complete with your answers.
· Keep your stories to 2-3 minutes.
· Use the acronym STAR (Situation/ Task, Action, and Result)
· Be positive and show enthusiasm. Make your nonverbal communication support your stories.