Wednesday, May 20, 2015


What if you don’t get the job offer?

 There are many reasons you didn’t get the offer.  Not a good fit, culture, under qualified, over qualified, not related to the CEO, etc.

 However, the last thing you want to do is burn any bridges.  Its small world out there and you never know who knows who.

 If you get the no thanks e-mail and you really want to work there.   You can do two things.  One, write a letter like Barbara Corcoran did to Mark Burnett, Exec. Producer of Shark Tank explaining why she should be on the show.  Or you can respond with a thank you for the opportunity e-mail/ letter.

Dear Mr. / Mrs.……

Thank you for letting me know the outcome of your decision for the XYZ Position.  Although I am disappointed, I am grateful for the time you took out of your day to meet with me.  As I said before, I am very impressed with your organization/ company/ school.

Sincerely,

John Doe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment